Neighborhood Business Districts
The Neighborhood Business District program was started in 2005 by the Chamber in partnership with the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Department, Anderson Township and the Anderson Township Fire Department. Through these partnerships, businesses are offered multiple ways for potential growth, to protect their businesses and market themselves in the Anderson Area. Neighborhood Business District (NBD) meetings are periodically held in 8 locations in Anderson Township. Businesses in the Village of Newtown have formed a group through the NBD program and additional connections in Mt. Washington have been made. The goals of each NBD are different and specific to the needs of the businesses in that particular area.
Neighborhood Business District: Anderson Towne Center
- Includes all of the businesses in Anderson Towne Center as well as businesses to the north up to and including Mercy Hospital Anderson.)
- NBD leader: Steve Sievers (Anderson Township) 688-8400.
- The goals of this district are to unify the new and existing businesses to address common marketing goals/concerns and to plan community activities
- Activities to date: 4th of July Parade (summer) and Holiday Tree Lighting (winter)
- The NBD website is: www.atcstores.com
- Meets as needed though out the year at Dream Dinners, 9:00am
Neighborhood Business District: Beechmont Corridor
- Includes all businesses on Beechmont Ave in and around Cherry Grove
- Create a community of businesses that work together to create awareness of the business district
- NBD website is: www.bcbd.us
- Meeting times vary (check Chamber website)
- Activities: Yellow Ribbon 5K race
Neighborhood Business District: Clough/ Eight Mile
- Includes all businesses in the Clough/Eight Mile intersection as well as businesses within a 1 mile radius of this area (up to Beechmont to the south.
- Activities to date: Chili and Chowder Cook-off (fall) and Light up the District (winter)
- Meets as needed.
Neighborhood Business District : Clough Historical
- Includes all businesses along Clough from Berkshire, west to Route 32.)
- NBD leader: Debbie Heitzman (Appearance Plus) 513-231-5540
- Concern over traffic and business customer access are being addressed through a study by the University of Cincinnati directed by the Township. Banners for the district have been installed and a website has been developed – www.cloughbusiness.com.
- Activities to date: 4th of July Parade float (summer) and Luminaries along Clough Pike (Christmas)
- Meets as needed at Clough Crossings (or Anderson Township Pub), 5:30pm
Neighborhood Business District: Mt. Washington
- Includes all businesses in Mt. Washington
- NBD leader: Bob Wetterer, (Comey & Shepherd Realtors-The Wetterer Team)
- NBD website is: www.mwcurc.org
- Activities to date: Dinner on the Ave (varies); 4th of July Parade (summer); Holiday Walk (fall); Tower Lighting (winter)
- Meets the second Thursday of each month at Music Makers, 9:00am
Neighborhood Business District: Newtown
- Includes all businesses in Newtown
- NBD leader: Tony Muto (Evans Landscaping) 513-271-1119
- The mission of this NBD is to work together as a business community to create a climate that effectively supports, promotes and expands the businesses in the Village of Newtown.
- NBD website is www.villageofnewtown.com
- Activities to date: Winterfest (winter) and 5K Run
- Meets the first Tuesday of each month at the Newtown Fire Station, 8:30am
Neighborhood Business District: Salem
- Includes all businesses along Salem from Beechmont to Apple Hill Road
- NBD leader: Tracy Sloan (Bob’s Auto Repair) 513-232-4091
- Banners identifying the district have been installed along Salem roadway and organize community event(s).
- Activities to date: Harvest Festival at the Salem Community Church
- Meetings as needed
Neighborhood Business District: Skytop
- Includes all businesses in the Skytop retail center plus as well as neighboring businesses on Beechmont and along Route 32 – up to Clough
- NBD leader: Sue Thompson (Edward Jones) 513-231-6350
- Improved signage, marketing to customers and recognition of the stores along with the great parking for all of the businesses are goals of this district
- Develop a strategy for increasing the exterior beautification of the business district
- Activities to date: Tricks no Treats (fall); Light Up the District (winter)
- Meets the first Wednesday of the month at Edward Jones Investments, 10:30am