Leadership Development - Professional Development - Personal Development
The Anderson Area Chamber of Commerce is excited to kick off the inaugural year of Accelerate Anderson! The Chamber is currently accepting applications for the new leadership program set to start in the fall. The mission of this program is to encourage, educate and stimulate individuals to become more familiar with, more interested in and engage in all facets of civic endeavor that affect the quality of life in the Anderson area.
What is Accelerate Anderson?
Accelerate Anderson is an eight-month course designed to educate, train and encourage Anderson area professionals to take a leadership role in the community. Students will meet each month for sessions covering topics such as Anderson History & Heritage, Health & Wellness, Workforce & Economy, Local Government, Public Safety & Justice, Education, Quality of Life & Entertainment, Personal and Professional Development. Each course instructor will be a local professional representing their area of expertise. The program includes a Day Retreat with an Evening Event, (11) Leadership, Professional & Personal Development Sessions, Assessment Series and a year ending Commencement Celebration.
Why Accelerate Anderson? What is the Program about?
For the Employer/Sponsor:
- Increased leadership skills that can be applied for greater workplace effectiveness.
- Increased networking opportunities that help business solutions.
- Increased collaboration among public, private, and non profit sectors.
- Exposure to other community leaders with a shared vision for the future.
For the Individual:
- Improve personal development and leadership skills.
- Identify a personal vision for community involvement.
- Become part of an informed, diverse network for personal, business and community development.
For the Community:
- Developing a pool of community leaders with the skills and vision to creatively address community issues.
- Committed graduates prepared to serve on boards, committees and task forces.
- A network of individuals using their awareness of the community’s strengths, weaknesses and opportunities to improve the quality of life in the Anderson area.
2021-2022 Accelerate Anderson Course Schedule:
- October (TBA) Retreat Day with Evening Event
- November 4 – History & Heritage with Tour
- November 18 – Authentic Leadership & Personal Brand
- December 9 – Health & Wellness
- January 13 – Workforce & Economy
- February 3 – Leading & Communicating with Different Styles
- February 17 – Local Government, Public Safety & Justice
- March 3 – Education
- March 24 – Weaving your Web: Building Effective Relationships
- April 7 – Quality of Life & Entertainment
- May (TBA) – Leadership Mission
- May (TBA) – Commencement Celebration
TIME/LOCATIONS & ACCOMIDATIONS:
- All sessions will run from 8AM-12Noon except for the Retreat Day with Evening Event and the Commencement Celebration.
- Each session will have its own location and may include a field trip (Transportation will be provided for tours & field trips).
- Session materials will be provided.
- Lite breakfast will be provided.
- Lunch will be provided.
- The class will consist of 15-25 students per year.
- Tuition is $1,500 for Chamber Members and $2,000 for Non-Members.
- Registration is open through September 30th.