Guardian Angels Church
Seeing an increase in the number of Catholics in the Mt. Washington area, 45 families sent a petition to Archbishop Elder in 1892 asking that a parish be started in the area. The Archbishop granted their request and later that year the parish was organized at Mt. St. Mary’s Seminary, just down the street from the present site of the parish.
The first church, erected at our present location, was eventually replaced to accommodate the ever increasing congregation. Fr. Haley gym served as the church from 1948 until 1964. In 1964, the undercroft was used for Sunday Masses while our church building was being completed. The existing church was finished in 1971.
From a small gathering of 45 families, Guardian Angels has grown into a parish of over 2300 registered families. Guardian Angels is proud to be a thriving and resourceful parish that always strives to meet the spiritual needs of its members.
Whom to Contact
- Father Thomas KingPastor6531 Beechmont AvenueCincinnati, OH 45230